Golf is a fun and challenging sport. It is a test of not only athletic abilities but also mental strength and endurance. One of the most important tools, whenever someone steps foot on a golf course, is the golf club they have in their hand. Therefore, it is important for everyone to know about the rules of golf, how clubs work, and which clubs are going to work well for certain situations.
The History of Golf and Golf Clubs
Since the sport first arrived on the scene, it has undergone a significant amount of evolution. At first, these were simply wooden shafts that varied in their weight and size. People would use different options for different situations; however, the disparate nature of these clubs evolved significantly over the years. Today, there are tons of varieties available. This includes not only the tremendous drivers that people see but also woods, irons, and even putters.
Today, clubs vary in their graduation utility, weight distribution, durability, and versatility. As golf balls evolved from tree sap to the synthetic materials used today, golf clubs involved with them. Now, golf balls can withstand the tremendously hard whacks that professional golfers that deliver to them every weekend on TV.
How Many Clubs Typically Come with a Golf Bag Set?
For those who are looking for clubs, it is important to note that the number of clubs they are going to receive with each set. Before buying a set, it is important for everyone to read the description thoroughly to make sure they understand what clubs are coming in the bag. Some of the most common options that are included in a traditional golf bag include:
- The Driver: The driver is the biggest club in the set and is going to hit the ball the farthest. Most club sets are going to come with a single driver.
- The Woods: The woods are usually one step down from the driver. Some people use woods off the tee in certain situations while other people use the woods off the ground in the middle of the fairway. There are usually two woods that come in a set, the three wood, and four wood.
- The Hybrids: The hybrids are relatively long-distance clubs that are used off the ground, off the tee, and in the trees. There are usually two hybrids that come in a golf club set. They are usually the four hybrid and five hybrids.
- The Irons: Most sets of clubs are going to come with four different irons. These are the 9, 8, 7, and 6 iron. Some people want to add a five iron or a four-iron to their set.
- The Wedges: Most expensive clubs are going to come with two wedges. These include the pitching wedge and the sand wedge. Some people might want to add a gap wedge or a lob wedge to their set.
- The Putter: Most sets of clubs are going to come with a single putter. The putter is usually used exclusively on the green; however, it can be used on the fringe as well.
The exact clubs that someone might receive in a set is going to vary from place to place. Therefore, it is critical to read the description thoroughly and understand which clubs are going to be included. It is not uncommon for someone to buy a single extra club for personal preference.
What Are the Official Rules for How Many Golf Clubs You Can Have in Your Bag?
Even though people vary with the exact number they carry in their bag, the official limit on the number of golf clubs that people can carry is 14. Everyone who is playing must use conforming golf clubs and golf balls and usually confirms the tools that are present in the bag before the round. Furthermore, the equipment present in a golf bag is restricted solely to traditional golf equipment. People are not allowed to use artificial equipment that might inflate his or her ability to play.
Get the Practice Gear to Improve Your Golf Game from Raw Hide Golf Ball Co!
If you are planning on hitting the links, then you need to make sure that your skills match the high-quality of your equipment. From golf balls to practice mats, Rawhide Golf Ball Co can provide you with all the materials you need to improve and maintain your game.
Categorised in: Golf
This post was written by admin